Questions for discussion:
- What are the factors contributing to the changes in society for single mothers?
- Where are the families and society social structures heading to in the modern world? How was the situation in the past?
- Why it’s mothers who raise children after divorce in Russia? How is it in other countries?
- What is it like to be a single mother?
- What are the problems single mothers are facing in Russia and around the world?
- A lot of men in Russia don’t provide their children with alimony. Why is it so?
- How can a woman make her ex pay alimony?
- What are the ways men legally avoid paying alimony while being able to do it?
- Why do some women choose to give birth to a child, but raise him without a partner?
- What about single mothers who adopt a child or children? Is it better for a child to live in an incomplete family rather than in an orphan home?
- Do you think there are situations when being a single Mom is the only right decision (for example, if the relationship in a couple can't be saved, or living with a husband is dangerous for woman and her children)?
- What are the government and civil society's initiatives to provide a safety net for single mothers?
- Is there a stigma attached in Russian society for single mothers?
- How parents, parents-in-law, relatives support, contribute to the wellness of single mothers?
- What strengths do women already possess that will enhance her as single Mom? What weakness do you need to watch out for?
- How do single mothers handle stress and pressure now and in the past?
- What are the most difficult things for single mothers?
- How can they get prepared for that?